“Coaching done well may be the most effective intervention designed for human performance.” – Atul Gawande
How do you become your personal best? Dr. Atul Gawande found that coaching was the key. You can read his thoughts on how coaching changed his performance as a brain surgeon in the New Yorker article Personal Best: Top athletes and singers have coaches. Should you?
Instructional coaches empower and inspire teachers around the globe every day. They co-plan lessons and units with teachers, model instructional techniques and they serve as a second pair of eyes gathering important data so teachers can make informed decisions on next steps. The reflective, goal setting dialogue between teachers and instructional coaches can lead to teachers finding their personal best within their profession.
Yet, instructional coaching can feel like an isolated field. Often an instructional coach is a singleton – possibly the only coach in the school. Where do they go to reach their personal best in their field? Who do they go to for reflective, goal setting dialogue and refining the craft of coaching?
Enter Learning is Growing’s VIRTUAL COACHING for Instructional Coaches package.
Virtual coaching allows for immediate, focused, customized, personal coaching to fit your individual needs. Partnering with a coach of your own can result in helping your personal best SHINE!
- Have you attended a wide variety of coaching training, yet are unsure how to put it all together?
- Do you have a specific challenging situation you’d like to set goals in order to successfully tackle that situation?
- Are you developing coaching conversations and need someone to talk through plans to build confidence ahead of time?
- Do you have upcoming classroom demonstrations that you’d like to review with a coach prior to conducting the lesson?
- Would it be helpful to review coaching situations with a trusted confidant who is removed from your setting.
Virtual coaching sessions can be as frequent as you’d like. Clients can choose weekly, bi-monthly or monthly sessions to keep goals moving forward. As instructional coaches we all know the benefits to coaching. We work to empower and inspire the teachers we serve everyday. That is exactly what I’d like to do for you!
Instructional coaching training costs add up. Registrations, lodging, and mileage eat into a school’s coaching budget or in some cases your own personal budget. Time is spent away from schools, teachers, classrooms as well as your family and friends. Often our heads are spinning with all the ideas received during a conference or training that it is often impossible to fully implement everything we learned. In fact we, as coaches, are often exposed to the exact opposite of what we promote.
Does the following table look familiar? The research of Bruce Joyce and Bev Showers is often used to explain the benefits of coaching to stakeholders. If teachers receive coaching, whether from an instructional coach, peer coach, or mentor, the likelihood of transfer to the classroom (application) raises to 80-90%.
Coaching is the key to application of new learning. Ongoing, virtual coaching from a professional coach can take your instructional coaching to the next level. Virtual coaching is immediate, focused, customized, personal and cost efficient. Sessions typically last 30-60 minutes. We can meet via Skype, Google+ Hangout or over the phone. We can utilize secure platforms to guide and streamline our work together.
Currently virtual coaching is being offered after 4:30pm CST during the week or on weekends. If you’d like to discuss other options, please let me know. It may be possible to accommodate other schedules.
Introductory, affordable prices are available now. Space is limited so contact me for more information.
- Free initial Skype call to determine if virtual coaching is right for you.
- Session duration is up to you and your goals. Options include weekly, bi-monthly or monthly.
- You set your long-term and short-term goals and I will partner with you so YOU can reach your goals!
- Sessions can also include some training as needed.
Contact me for more information.